Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken fajitas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Fajitas is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Fajitas is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Air fry your chicken fajitas for a quick and tasty south-of-the-border meal. Customize your fajitas with the toppings you love, such as: shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, sliced tomatoes, or tomato salsa. Marinating chicken, peppers and onions in a highly flavored marinade imparts big Tex-Mex flavors onto these mouthwatering grilled fajitas. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken fajitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajitas:
- Make ready 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Take 2 tbsp oil
- Get 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Take 1/2-1 tsp ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference)
- Take 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb (650 grams) chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- Get 3 large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow)
- Prepare 1 onion thinly sliced
Chicken Fajitas - healthy and seriously delish! Whenever I see rainbow coloured capsicum on sale at the stores, I immediately think of Fajitas. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and seal bag.
Instructions to make Chicken Fajitas:
- Slice chicken into strips
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Cook for about 8 minutes. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char.
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest
- Cut peppers and onions into strips
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken strips and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and chopped cilantro
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and seal bag. Flip the bag over from time to time to redistribute marinade. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken fajitas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!