Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cheeseburger soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Melt the remainder of butter and stir in flour. Add the milk, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk mixture to the soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
Cheeseburger Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Cheeseburger Soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have cheeseburger soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cheeseburger Soup:
- Make ready 1 lb ground beef
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Prepare 1 small onion - finely chopped
- Get 2 small carrots - diced to 1/4 in. pieces
- Make ready 2 medium Russet potatoes - diced to 1/4 in. pieces
- Prepare 2 cup chicken broth or stock (may need up to 3 cups)
- Take 4 cup milk
- Prepare 1 lb Velveeta - cubed
- Prepare 8 oz sour cream
- Get 1 salt - to taste
- Make ready 1 ground black pepper - to taste
- Make ready 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. A local restaurant serves a similar cheeseburger soup but wouldn't share its recipe with me. I developed my own, modifying a recipe I already had for potato soup.
Steps to make Cheeseburger Soup:
- In a 3quart pot over medium heat add ground beef salt, pepper and garlic powder(if desired). Crumble and cook brown beef until no longer pink. Drain using colander and set aside for later.
- In same pot melt butter, add carrots and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes to the pot. Pour in chicken broth/stock to just barely cover veggies. Increase heat to med-high, bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, cook at a low boil for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- When potatoes are tender, return beef to pot. Stir in milk and Velveeta cubes.
- Continue over medium heat until heated through and all Velveeta is melted, stirring frequently to avoid sticking. About 10 minutes. Do not allow to simmer or boil at this point, milk may curdle.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream until fully incorporated, adjust seasoning to taste. Then simply eat and enjoy!
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
A local restaurant serves a similar cheeseburger soup but wouldn't share its recipe with me. I developed my own, modifying a recipe I already had for potato soup. I was really pleased with the way this all-American dish turned out. —Joanie Shawhan, Madison, Wisconsin At family get-togethers, our. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food cheeseburger soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!