Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken katsu with curry sauce. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce Method. This recipe combines a rich curry sauce with a crispy, fried chicken cutlet. Perfect to serve with steamed Japanese rice and radish pickles. Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring continuously until combined.
Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken katsu with curry sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce:
- Get 1 chicken breast, halved and pounded
- Make ready Flour + salt & pepper
- Make ready 1 egg, scrambled
- Get breadcrumbs
- Make ready 1 onion
- Get 2 cloves garlic
- Get half a carrot
- Get 3 cm ginger
- Prepare 2 bay leaves
- Get 1 tbsp flour
- Get 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- Take 300 ml chicken stock
- Get 1 tsp honey
- Make ready 2 tsp soy sauce
- Take spring onions, sliced
Season the chicken breasts with salt. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the eggs, then the panko, each time letting the excess drip off. "Katsu curry is super-delicious and is one of Japan's most popular dishes. Its heart is Indian spices, which were brought through the spice trade to Britain, where we manufactured our first curry powder; then, back again through trade, they went to Japan, along with the French technique of thickening sauces with a roux (fat and flour) - and the katsu curry was born. This is a recipe that feels exotic and unusual, but homely and familiar all at the same time, it is glorious!
Instructions to make Chicken Katsu with Curry Sauce:
- Coat the chicken breast with flour, continued with egg, and breadcrumbs
- Fry the chicken breast until evenly cooked. Cut into strips
- To make the curry sauce, saute the onion, garlic, ginger, and (grated) carrot
- Add flour, curry powder, and bay leaves. Pour the chicken stock. Stir well and heat until become thick sauce. Add honey and soy sauce to the sauce
- Use a hand blender to make a smoother sauce. Pour onto the chicken katsu. Garnish using spring onion and black pepper
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Its heart is Indian spices, which were brought through the spice trade to Britain, where we manufactured our first curry powder; then, back again through trade, they went to Japan, along with the French technique of thickening sauces with a roux (fat and flour) - and the katsu curry was born. This is a recipe that feels exotic and unusual, but homely and familiar all at the same time, it is glorious! Meanwhile, make the katsu curry sauce. Place the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken katsu with curry sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!