Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, easy potato cheese soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy Potato Cheese Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Easy Potato Cheese Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
In a large stock pot add water, potatoes, onion, celery and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Once tender, mash soup with a potato masher, and add butter and cream. In a small mixing bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley, and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have easy potato cheese soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Potato Cheese Soup:
- Take 2 lb Red potatoes
- Prepare 4 cup Chicken broth
- Prepare 1 Onion or 1/3 bag of frozen chopped onions
- Take 1 can Cream of celery soup
- Make ready 1 can Cheddar cheese coup
- Get 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Take 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (or less to taste)
- Take 1 tsp Black pepper
- Prepare 2 cup Heavy cream
- Make ready 1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
- Get 1/3 cup Hormel cooked bacon pieces and extra for topping
- Take 1/4 cup Sour cream (optional) plus extra for topping
Stir frequently until mixture begins to thicken. Add the hot cooked potatoes and both into the creamy mixture; stir well. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water and salt to a boil.
Instructions to make Easy Potato Cheese Soup:
- Clean and chop red potatoes. I peel about half and leave about half with the peel on.
- Put chicken broth in pot and turn heat to high. Add potatoes to pot once chopped along with onions. Boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and can be smashed with a fork.
- You can choose to remove about 1 cup of broth now if you want a very thick soup. Then either blend in a blender, use an immersion blender, or mash with a potato masher.
- Add cream of celery, cheddar cheese soup and seasonings. Mix and heat through (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add cream. Mix well.
- Add cheddar cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Mix and heat through.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, blend the butter, flour, parsley and pepper; stir into the potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food easy potato cheese soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!