Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, lee's smothered swiss style steaks. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Lee's Smothered Swiss Style Steaks is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Lee's Smothered Swiss Style Steaks is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Find Where to Watch Your Favorite TV Shows and Movies Online. Find Stylish & Cheap Shirts For Any Occasion. Revamp Your Wardrobe With Our New Collection Of Stylish Shirts At Unbelievable Prices! Great recipe for Lee's Smothered Swiss Style Steaks.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have lee's smothered swiss style steaks using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lee's Smothered Swiss Style Steaks:
- Make ready 1 Pound Tenderized Beef Cube Steak
- Take 1 Cup Flour
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- Take 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (to fry steaks in)
- Get 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- Make ready 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- Prepare 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- Get 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Get 1 Can French Onion Soup
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Get 1 Teaspoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic Powder
- Get 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
These cube steaks are cooked slowly to make them nice and tender. The acid from the tomatoes and the cola help to tenderize the meat. In a flat dish, bowl or plastic container (at least two-quart), pour the sluree over the raw Swiss steaks, making sure to flip and coat the steaks liberally and evenly. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Steps to make Lee's Smothered Swiss Style Steaks:
- In a shallow bowl,, mix together flour and seasoning salt. Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture, and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium high neat. When oil is hot enough fry steaks for 5 - 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Place steaks on paper towels when finished, to drain.
- Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of remaining oil in frying pan. Over medium high heat, cook onion slices until slightly caramelized.(5-7 minutes) Add garlic during the last minute. This step is purely optional.
- In a separate bowl, mix warm water and corn starch until well combined. Add in the next 7 in ingredients and mix together.
- Place steaks in the frying pan with the onions and garlic. Pour wet mixture over the steaks. Simmer over medium low heat for 30-40 minutes, or until steaks are tender. Serve with plenty of the pan sauce on the side. Enjoy
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
In a flat dish, bowl or plastic container (at least two-quart), pour the sluree over the raw Swiss steaks, making sure to flip and coat the steaks liberally and evenly. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Sprinkle half of flour mixture on steak, pound into steak, turn steak and repeat process. This recipe for Smothered Swiss Steak is pure comfort food at its finest. It's at the top of my list for when there is a chill in the air, and I'm looking for something warm and cozy for supper. (And if you love fall and winter comfort food, try my recipe for Chicken Schnitzel with Mushroom Cider Gravy.) And although you can prepare this Swiss Steak recipe by simmering it on the stovetop.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lee's smothered swiss style steaks recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!