Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chorizo braised chicken thighs with chickpeas. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Remove the skin from the chorizo, if necessary, and cut into ¼-inch pieces. Drain roasted peppers and discard the brine. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to chickpea mixture; stir to combine. Cook chicken, skin side down, until well-browned.
Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chorizo braised chicken thighs with chickpeas using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas:
- Make ready 1/2 cup raisins
- Make ready 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Take 6 oz cured Spanish chorizo, diced
- Prepare Olive oil
- Take 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Make ready 2 tsp salt
- Take 1 tsp cumin
- Get 1 tsp paprika
- Make ready 1 tsp chipotle powder
- Take 1 tsp ground pepper
- Make ready 1 cup chicken stock
- Take 1/2 cup red wine
- Make ready 1 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- Get 1 package gelatin, unflavored
- Prepare 1 onion, sliced
- Prepare 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Bring to a boil, then add the chicken back to the pan, cover, and put in the oven. Add chickpeas, raisins (drained), and stir into sauce. Pat chicken dry and rub all over with spice mixture. Dutch oven or large wide saucepan over medium-high.
Steps to make Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas:
- Soak the raisins in 1 cup of boiling water
- Combine the stock, wine, and orange in a cup and bloom the gelatin in the liquid by sprinkling it over the top.
- Combine the salt, cumin, paprika, chipotle, and pepper and season the chicken
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to a dutch oven or large pot and add the chorizo. cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Add the chorizo to the chick peas and reserve.
- Turn the heat to high, and sear the chicken thighs 3 minutes each side. I like to keep them rolled up as they come in the package.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook the onions down being sure to scrape up the fond on the bottom of the pan. ~10 min.
- Add the stock mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and simmer 10 min.
- Add the reserved chickpeas, chorizo and parsley to the pot and cook until heated through.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Pat chicken dry and rub all over with spice mixture. Dutch oven or large wide saucepan over medium-high. Place the onion, garlic, rosemary, chorizo, chickpeas and tomatoes in a roasting tin, and use the water to rinse out the tomato tin before pouring it in with everything else. Add the olive oil to a large, oven-safe skillet/pan and warm over a medium heat. Transfer to the tray with the sausage, for now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chorizo braised chicken thighs with chickpeas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!