Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, cottage pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Delivered right to your door, fast! Where delicious gourmet food meets amazing customer service. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Overall, this recipe is pretty close to the orignial.
Cottage pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Cottage pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cottage pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage pie:
- Take 1 lb ground beef
- Make ready 1 medium onion (minced)
- Get 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- Take 5 potatoes
- Take 4 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- Take 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare 1 can whole kernel corn
- Prepare 1 can sweet peas
- Prepare 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or as much as you like
I forgot to dot extra butter on top, but it still came out crisp with adequately brown. Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food. It's a good remedy for the winter chills.—Shannon Copley, Upper Arlington, Ohio A traditional cottage pie is made with ground beef and topped with mashed potatoes. We used potato slices, which saves time and looks good, too.
Steps to make Cottage pie:
- Preheat oven to °400, Peel and wash potatoes, dice and begin to boil.
- In a large skillet add ground beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until beef is browned.
- Drain corn and peas. When potatoes are done, mash well. Add ground beef to a glass baking dish.
- Top with corn, peas and then mashed potatoes. Coat top of potatoes with cheese. Bake for 20 min. Enjoy!!
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
It's a good remedy for the winter chills.—Shannon Copley, Upper Arlington, Ohio A traditional cottage pie is made with ground beef and topped with mashed potatoes. We used potato slices, which saves time and looks good, too. For a shepherd's pie, use lamb. Boil the potatoes until soft and mash them with the milk until smooth and creamy. Spoon the meat mixture into a gratin dish and cover with a thick, even layer of mashed potato.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!