Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, crockpot paella. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
We are currently evaluating reader feedback and will re-test and update the. Remove the cover and add shrimp and frozen peas to the slow cooker. Once the crockpot paella is cooked, season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges or top with parsley and serve warm.
Crockpot Paella is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Crockpot Paella is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook crockpot paella using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Paella:
- Take 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare 60 g smoked streaky bacon
- Get 175 g Chorizo sausage sliced
- Make ready 3 minced cloves garlic
- Take 1 onion thinly sliced
- Get 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- Take 1 1/2 L chicken stock
- Make ready 2 pinches saffron
- Get 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes drained
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
- Get 900 g boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- Get 500 g Paella rice, or basmati rice
- Get 450 g raw unpeeled king prawns de-veined with legs removed
- Make ready 450 g mussels
- Prepare 225 g fresh (or canned) garden peas
- Make ready 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- Take Juice of half a lemon
- Get 1 bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
Stir in tomatoes, broth, sausage, water, salt, saffron and garlic. Arrange chicken thighs in single layer over rice mixture. Mix and cover the slow cooker. Mix the rice and peas together.
Steps to make Crockpot Paella:
- Whilst preparing the ingredients turn the crockpot on to low setting. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the bacon and Chorizo. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes stirring occasionally then add the onion, garlic, and pepper. Increase the heat and add the stock, saffron and chopped tomatoes, bring to a simmer, season generously and transfer to the crockpot
- Add the chicken thighs to the same pan and increase the heat. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes to brown on all sides and transfer to the crockpot. Add the rice to the frying pan and warming it up for a minute or so then transfer it to your crockpot. Cover and cook for about 6 to 8 hours until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- After about 5 hours, top up with a little extra water if required then add the shrimp on the mussels along with the peas and spring onions. Season, cover and continue to cook for another 45 minutes until the mussels open and the shrimp becomes pink, discard any muscles which do not open.
- To serve, squeeze the juice of half a lemon over and spoon into bowls and garnish with the chopped flat leaf parsley
- Make sure that you scrub the mussels well and remove the beard. Tap them gently to see if they will close if they don't close when tapped discard them also discard any that do not open after cooking
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Mix and cover the slow cooker. Mix the rice and peas together. Slow Cooker Paella is made with tender chicken, pork, chorizo, and sweet shrimp seasoned with saffron. The rich flavors combine to make one delicious dish! This dish is easy to make and has so much flavor!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food crockpot paella recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!