Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, crockpot baked ziti. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pour remaining meat sauce over the top and place the lid on the slow cooker. Combine ricotta, eggs, and basil in a bowl and stir well. In a large bowl, combine both jars of pasta sauce and the tomato sauce together. Grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
Crockpot baked ziti is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Crockpot baked ziti is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have crockpot baked ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot baked ziti:
- Make ready 1 lb ground beef, turkey or Italian sausage
- Get 1 onion finely chopped
- Prepare 1 tsp minced garlic
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 tsp dried basil
- Take 1 tsp dried parsley
- Take 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Take 1 jar pasta sauce
- Make ready 2 1/2 c water or chicken broth
- Make ready 1 box penne or ziti pasta
- Prepare 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
I love to make this as a main dish to bring to potlucks and everyone always raves about it. Add pasta and stir until combined. HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BAKED ZITI: Brown the ground beef or sausage with the onion in a nonstick skillet, breaking the meat apart as it cooks. Add the garlic, seasonings, pasta sauce, and tomato sauce and set aside.
Steps to make Crockpot baked ziti:
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Stir in garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add beef mixture, basil, parsley, tomatoes, pasta sauce and water to a 4qt (or larger) slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add pasta and stir until combined. Cover and continue cooking for 20-45 minutes (depending on how hot your slow cooker is) – check and stir at the 20 minute mark.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BAKED ZITI: Brown the ground beef or sausage with the onion in a nonstick skillet, breaking the meat apart as it cooks. Add the garlic, seasonings, pasta sauce, and tomato sauce and set aside. Coat the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray. Rinse noodles in a colander and set aside. Combine ricotta, egg, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food crockpot baked ziti recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!