Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, pastelitos (chicken/steak). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pastelitos (chicken/steak) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak):
- Take 1 Pk. Empanada Discs
- Make ready 1 1/2 Cups Steak
- Get 2 Cups Chicken
- Get 1/3 Cup Peppers
- Prepare 1 Small Onion
- Prepare 4 Mushrooms
- Prepare 3 Cloves Garlic
- Make ready 1 1/2 Cups Cheese
- Prepare Seasoned Salt
- Get Black Pepper
- Prepare 4 Heaping Tbs. Tomato Sauce
- Get Oil
One of the foods you should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food. Here is how you cook it. Growing up, I had this dish one way or another. Either from a friend's mother or from the corner store.
Instructions to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak):
- Prep ingredients as seen below. (I used cooked bbq meats, so they were already seasoned. I seasoned the veggies with seasoned salt and black pepper. I recommend seasoning your meat if it’s not pre-cooked). Divide and sauté veggies in two pans.
- Add meats, respectively and heat through. Finish with 2 Tbs. Tomato Sauce in each pan. Stir and let cool to room temperature. Set up a flat work station and get some flour on it.
- This is the challenging part. Don’t listen to your mind. Your mind will tell you to stuff the hell out of these, but don’t. The maximum you can put in these is about 2 1/2- 3 Tbs. of filling. So, do that and put some cheese on top. Keep everything centered then fold it over as seen. Pinch the edges hard with a fork. Be careful not to pierce the middle. You don’t want them opening up in the hot oil.
- I used a cast iron skillet with an unquantifiable amount of oil. Get the oil hot and begin frying. Just be sure that you can cover at least 3/4 of the pastelitos. If you have a deep fryer, even better. (Yes, you can bake these. And it’s sinful, but yes, you can probably put them in the air fryer). Fry for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove when golden brown. Not too brown, just brown enough. The browning will continue when removed. Also, I found the best way to drain is by placing them on a rack with paper towels underneath. That way, they’re not sitting in a oil-soaked pad of paper towels.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Growing up, I had this dish one way or another. Either from a friend's mother or from the corner store. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I discovered how to make these on my own. This recipe give you the choice to use a chicken, vegan, beef, pork, or cheese fillings. A great snack to serve when having guests.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food pastelitos (chicken/steak) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!