Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, braised chicken with sherry and cream. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Braised Chicken With Sherry And Cream is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Braised Chicken With Sherry And Cream is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Bring the sherry to the boil and then set it alight, using a long match (try not to set fire to the kitchen in the process). Add broth and sherry; bring to a boil. Blend soy sauce into cornstarch in cup until smooth. Return chicken to skillet; add mushrooms.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have braised chicken with sherry and cream using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Chicken With Sherry And Cream:
- Prepare 6 Chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- Get 1 Salt and black pepper
- Take 1 Plain flour
- Make ready 150 grams Unsalted butter
- Get 2 Onions, peeled and sliced
- Get 1 Leek, cleaned and sliced (white bit only)
- Make ready 3 Garlic cloves, crushed with flat of knife
- Make ready 300 grams Palo Cortado or Amontillado sherry
- Get 500 grams Chicken stock
- Get 250 grams Double cream
- Make ready 10 Baby onions peeled and halved
- Make ready 1 pinch Sugar
- Make ready 8 Sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- Get 150 grams Button mushrooms, quartered
- Take 100 grams Bacon or pancetta pieces
- Take 10 grams Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Take 10 grams Gruyere cheese, finely grated
- Take 5 grams Dijon mustard
- Get 1 tbsp White truffle oil
- Prepare 1 Chives
- Get 1 Tarragon
- Make ready 1 Parsley
Add Sherry and lemon juice and deglaze skillet, stirring and scraping up brown bits. Stir in chicken, cream and broth. Bring to a boil and boil until thickened. The mushroom and sherry sauce is seasoned with garlic and thyme.
Steps to make Braised Chicken With Sherry And Cream:
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and dust with flour.
- Melt 30g butter in casserole dish. Sear chicken until golden brown, then set aside.
- Add onions, leek and garlic to pan and cook till translucent ~15mins.
- Preheat oven to 100.
- Pour sherry into the onion pan and bring to the boil. Set on fire. Reduce heat, add chicken stock and cream. Simmer for 20 mins.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer. Cover dish and place in oven. Bake for 45 mins.
- Cool dish. Remove chicken. Strain sauce through a fine sieve and discard veggies. Put sauce back in dish and reduce by half, skimming off impurities.
- In a frypan melt half the remaining butter until foaming. Sprinkle the baby onions with salt, pepper, sugar and the thyme leaves. Brown on the flat side and remove.
- Add remaining butter to the pan and caramelise mushrooms till golden. Season during this. ~15-20 mins.
- Add onions and mushrooms to casserole with reduced sauce and simmer for 2 mins.
- Render fat out of bacon on medium heat fry pan. Drain on paper towel.
- To serve add Parmesan, Gruyere, mustard and truffle oil to casserole. Season with salt and pepper. Add thigh fillets and heat for 10 mins on medium.
- Serve with bacon and freshly chopped herbs.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Bring to a boil and boil until thickened. The mushroom and sherry sauce is seasoned with garlic and thyme. The mushrooms simmer in the sherry soaking up its flavor, and then cream is added to compliment the sherry and give a thickness to the sauce. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. Add broth, sherry or additional broth and thyme.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food braised chicken with sherry and cream recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!