Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, paella casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Return chicken pieces to pan and add boiling stock. Paella is a traditional Spanish rice dish prepared in a large pan outside over an open fire. The ingredients usually include chicken, spicy sausage, vegetables, and seafood.
Paella casserole is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Paella casserole is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have paella casserole using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Paella casserole:
- Prepare 5 T butter, softened
- Get 1/2 C broken thin spaghetti
- Prepare 1 1/2 C long grain white rice
- Take Generous pinch saffron threads
- Take 3-3 1/2 C chicken stock
- Prepare Flour, for dredging
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Make ready 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Prepare Kosher salt and pepper
- Make ready 5 T olive oil
- Take 8 oz chorizo, chopped
- Prepare 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Prepare 1 medium onion, chopped
- Make ready 1/2 C plus a splash dry sherry
- Make ready 1 1#, thick center-cut fillet of cod
- Take 1 C frozen peas, thawed
- Prepare 2 T fresh thyme, chopped
- Prepare 2 roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- Prepare Old bay seasonning
- Make ready 1 # large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Prepare 1 lemon
- Take 1/2 C fresh parsley, chopped
A very traditional paella, garnished with chorizo, chicken, peas, squid, mussels, and shrimp. Chorizo is a sausage spiced with garlic and chili powder; remove casing before cooking. How do you cook a paella pan? Set the pan over medium heat just until bubbles appear on the bottom—this removes the manufacturer's.
Steps to make Paella casserole:
- First, roast bell peppers under broiler- on a cookie sheet, turning occasionally, until all sides are blackened. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let cool. Peel and seed them.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Butter a casserole dish with 2T butter. Heat 2T butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the pasta and toast until golden. Stir in rice and saffron. Add 3C stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 17 minutes. Add an extra 1/2C water if the liquid evaporates before the rice is tender. Meanwhile, season some flour with the paprika in a shallow dish, sprinkle the chicken with S&P, dredge in the flour and shake off excess.
- Heat 3T oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown and crisp on both sides, 12-15 min. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate to rest. Add 1T oil to the skillet, add the chorizo and cook until fat renders, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes. Deglaze with a splash of sherry, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom with wooden spoon.
- Stir in peas, thyme and roasted peppers and immediately remove from heat. Slice the chicken and combine with rice mixture and chorizo–pepper mixture. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Bake until heated through and the bottom is crisp, 30-40 min. Add about 1/2C stock if the top dries out too much.
- Meanwhile, cover the fish with about 1/2C salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. Season some flour with old bay in a small dish. Lightly dredge the fish in flour and shake off excess. Heat the remaining 1T oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning once. Transfer fish to a plate. Add shrimp to skillet and cook 4-5 min. Add lemon juice and 1/2C sherry, then swirl in 1T butter until melted. Add parsley.
- Flake the fish into pieces. Top the casserole with the fish, shrimp and sherry sauce. Divide among the plates and enjoy.
- This casserole can be covered and refrigerated before baking for a make-ahead meal. Quick salting cod with salt gives the fish a firmer texture and more pronounced flavor. (technique of NYC chef)
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
How do you cook a paella pan? Set the pan over medium heat just until bubbles appear on the bottom—this removes the manufacturer's. Add the rice, saffron and remaining salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. With these Christmas casserole recipes, you can feed and satisfy a large crowd, whether it's at a laid-back gathering or an elaborate dinner party.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food paella casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!