Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken katsu curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slice cooked chicken into strips and spoon curry sauce over top. "Katsu curry is super-delicious and is one of Japan's most popular dishes. I have used a store-bought block of Japanese curry roux which is commonly used in Japanese households. Chicken Cutlet (Japanese version of chicken schnitzel) brings the Japanese curry up to the next level. Fact: Chicken katsu curry is known as a western style dish in Japan.
Chicken Katsu Curry is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Chicken Katsu Curry is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken katsu curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Prepare 4 Breaded Chicken
- Prepare 2 Medium Onions
- Make ready 1 Carrot
- Make ready 1 Garlic clove
- Make ready 1 knob ginger
- Make ready 3 tbs Curry powder
- Prepare 5 tbs flour
- Prepare 3 vegetable stock cubes 600cc hot water
- Take 2 tbs Tomato ketchup
- Take 2 tbs Worcester sauce
- Get 1 tbs Soy sauce
- Take 2 tbs Chutney or jam
Double the quantities for the curry sauce and katsu chicken or tofu and freeze separately for up to two months. Defrost the protein overnight in the fridge before cooking, and either defrost the sauce in the microwave or fridge before warming through. Meanwhile, make the katsu curry sauce. Place the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Steps to make Chicken Katsu Curry:
- Peel and cut onion, carrot and ginger into small chunks.
- Add chopped vegetables,Curry powder and Flour in a large pan then frying in vegetable oil for few mins
- Add chutney to the large pan and fill the pan with 600cc vegetable stock.
- Bring the vegetable stock to boil and add tomato ketchup,worcester sauce and soy sauce simmer for 20 mins.then Stir until curry sauce is thick and smooth.
- Prepare rice while simmering curry sauce.
- Slice cooked breaded Chicken into strips and lay over a bed of rice, then add the curry sauce.
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
Meanwhile, make the katsu curry sauce. Place the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened. Today's recipe is a rich and flavorful Japanese katsu curry. Here, crunchy chicken cutlet or pork cutlet is served over rice and smothered in a creamy curry sauce.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken katsu curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!