Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, tex mex chicken soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
TEX MEX chicken soup is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. TEX MEX chicken soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
In a large stockpot, saute onion in oil until tender. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips. Tex-Mex Chicken Soup is chockful of flavor and a feast for the eyes as well with chunks of colorful tomato, black beans, corn, and cilantro. Place cream cheese in a separate bowl.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook tex mex chicken soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make TEX MEX chicken soup:
- Get cut and chopped
- Get 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch. chunks
- Make ready 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into halves
- Get 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut nto quarters
- Take 4 cup chicken broth
- Take 3 large stalks celery thinly sliced
- Make ready 1 jalapeno chile finely chopped
- Get 2 tsp ground cumin
- Get 1 garlic crushed with press
- Make ready 2 cup frozen corn thawed
- Take 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Get 1 tbsp lime juice
- Get 1 ripe avocado chopped
Shred the chicken in the pot using two forks. Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. This south-of-the-border twist of chicken soup features the bright flavors of chiles, corn, cilantro, and lime juice. In place of noodles, hominy; in place of crackers, fried tortilla strips.
Instructions to make TEX MEX chicken soup:
- in a large bowl. combine potatoes and 1/4 cup water. cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high 5 MINUTES or until almost tender. Drain and transfer potatoes to bowl of 7 to 8 qt. cooker.
- to same slow cooker bowl. add chicken, broth, celery, jalapeno, cumin, garlic, 1tsp salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. replace lid and cook on low 4hrs or until chicken is cooked through (165 f) but not soft.
- transfer chicken to cutting board. using two forks. pull chicken into bites size pieces. return chicken to slow cooker bowl
- stir corn, cilantro, and lime juice into soup. devide among serving bowls. top with avocado
- Ready to serve and ENJOY!
This south-of-the-border twist of chicken soup features the bright flavors of chiles, corn, cilantro, and lime juice. In place of noodles, hominy; in place of crackers, fried tortilla strips. Pour the roasted tomato and chile puree from the blender into the pot with the chicken broth, then stir until both are well combined. Stir in the shredded chicken, then taste and adjust seasonings. While the soup is simmering, make the fried tortilla strips.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food tex mex chicken soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!